- This event has passed.
The Linker Network – Skills Development Session
February 7 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Linker Network is a joint initiative of Family and Community Services (FACS) and service providers in Western Sydney Nepean Blue Mountains District, that is designed to improve the services system by placing the child and their family at the centre of what we do, rather than individual types or models.
This training session, developed for FACS by Family Worker Training, will inform you of what The Linker Network is all about, and how to be part of an integrated service delivery model. It will explore the journey of The Linker Network to date, the underpinning design principles and what you need to do to align to this framework.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand why the Linker Network has been developed and the impact it can have on the sector and outcomes for clients;
- Gain Knowledge and understanding of the concepts and key elements that underpin the Linker Network;
- Have a thorough understanding of how your role fits into the Linker Network;
- Be familiar with the ‘language’ of the approach;
- Be able to create effective client-centered plans;
- Demonstrate how to deliver the Linker Network ‘welcome’:
- Model ‘best-practice’, mentor and support the ‘Think Like a Linker’ approach to team members;
- Understand the importance of proactively developing relationships and collaborative practice networks throughout your local network.
If you receive targeted early intervention (TEI) funding from FACS you will be currently involved in the FACS TEI reform. You’ll see that the Linker Network aligns to the Reform Principles of meeting client needs; working in partnership with NGOs; joint service design and delivery; an integrated service system; outcomes focused; and building sector capacity. This close alignment makes the Linker Network a straight –forward and easy to implement model and takes a lot of the guess work out of how service providers can adapt to the change.
The TEI Reform is a state-wide reform for FACS funded targeted earlier intervention programs, with a focus on service and model realignment. TEI is more about what we do and with whom; while the Linker Network is about how we work with clients and each other. There is a strong alignment of The Linker Network with the TEI Reform.
This workshop is provided to the management and staff of FACS Funded services AT NO COST.
Register now—places are limited.
Who should attend this workshop?
All management and staff of FACS Funded Services.
ph 9620 6172 or email email@example.com