OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Workers and services that are:
- Valued and skilled
- Evidence based
- Child centred and family focussed
- Working collaboratively
- Responsive to changing needs
- To provide high quality affordable practice based learning and development for those who work with children and families in Greater Western Sydney.
Investing in the future of families and the sector and
recognising the ripple effect of our actions today on tomorrow
OUR CORE VALUES
Respect for children, families, communities and those who work with them
We recognise, promote and build on strengths. We see the importance of their contributions to society at large and uphold their dignity and rights in all we do.
Working together to make a difference
We take time to build and maintain the relationships needed for making a difference. We concentrate all our efforts on what will make a difference.
We listen to those working with families about the challenges facing them and their related needs. We respond to their needs as they arise, in ways that are informed by best practice and current evidence.
Reflecting on practice
We continually reflect on what we do, how we do it and strive to learn about what works best. We promote this approach with all those we serve.
We are accountable to our membership, funders and the communities we serve. We are accountable for the quality and integrity of what we do and for the difference we make.
THE DIFFERENCE WE MAKE
FWT+DP works with and for those who work with families. We strive to make a difference in the following ways:
- Increased capacity in strengths based practice
- Increased knowledge in evidence base
- Increased knowledge in topic (by achieving learning goals)
- Increased confidence to apply knowledge
- Increased capacity for reflective/conscious work practice
- Increased knowledge for inclusive and collaborative practice
View our 2010- 2015 STRATEGIC PLAN